Anyone who wants to compete on the MHS Fencing Team may submit ALL required forms on Wednesday, October 18th from 4-7 pm in the LGI Room in the main building.
All athletes must undergo ImPACT Testing. The Impact Test is Valid for two years. You must have one either for your Freshman & Junior years, or your Sophomore & Senior years. You must have a signed Impact Test Permission Slip to attend.
Testing Date for Fencers: November 1st @ 3 p.m. - MAC Lab
The following time slots are also available for ImPACT Testing: November 1st, 4:00 pm – 6 pm & November 2nd: 3 pm - 6 pm - MAC Lab.
Required Medical Forms
To Be Submitted Once Per School Year (the first season you play a sport during a school year)
- Code of Conduct
- NJSIAA Steroid Testing Policy
- Sports-Related Concussion and Head Injury Fact Sheet
- Sudden Cardiac Death Pamphlet – Sign off
To Be Submitted Each Season*
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: History Form - Completed/signed by parent and student
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: Athletes with Special Needs Supplemental Needs Form - Completed/signed by parent and student
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: Physical Examination form - Completed/signed by doctor
- Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: Clearance Form - Completed/signed by doctor - or
- Health History Update Questionnaire - Completed/signed by parent
Physicals held at Montclair High School are Physicals are reserved for athletes that do not have a primary care physician or have a physical expiring between October 23, 2017 and the start of the winter sports season. If you need a physical for the winter sports season and cannot see your own physician before October 25, 2017, please plan on attending on your assigned day.
Physical Dates for Fencers: Monday, October 23, 2017 from 4:30 - 6:30 pm - report to LGI for a paperwork completeness check.
The following time slots are also available for Physicals: Monday October 9th 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm and Tuesday, October 17 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm.
A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST BE PRESENT FOR THE PHYSICAL.
- The athlete clearance process will not start until all required forms have been submitted, and it may take up to 3 weeks to complete.
- If you played a fall sport (9-12 grade) and your last physical was dated on or after November 19, 2016, that physical is still valid and you only must submit the “Health History Update Questionnaire”. If you physical was dated on or before November 28, 2016, you must have a new physical.
- If you are in grades 10-12 and did not play a fall sport and MHS has a valid (dated on or after November 29, 2015) sports physical on file, you only must submit the “Health History Update Questionnaire” and all required sports forms.
- If you are a 9th grader and you did not play a fall sport you must submit all medical paperwork and all required sports forms:
- If your last physical was dated on or after November 29, 2016, have your physician complete the Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation: Physical Examination Form/Clearance Form from your most recent physical
- If your last physical was dated on or before November 28, 2016, you must have a new physical.
- Thursday October 30, 2017: Final day for (Athletic and Medical) form submission for any winter sport